- Pleasants Lane Elementary School
Store for teachers seeks donations
The Petersburg Teacher Supply Closet is a free store for Petersburg teachers that opened in October 2017 to support teachers and students. Petersburg teachers love having a store where they can select free items for their classrooms and students: Many of them say that visiting the store is just like Christmas!
The Petersburg Teacher Supply Closet is sponsored by the Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and staffed by the Petersburg Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. Donations come from community groups, businesses, churches and individuals. The store is open two afternoons a month so that teachers can stop in to select pencils, paper, books and other items they can use for their classrooms and students.
Supplies are needed to restock the shelves, and these are the most-needed items:
- pencil erasers
- dry erase markers
- dry erase erasers
- white copy paper
- markers for students
- children’s scissors
- plastic tubs of all sizes
- hand wipes or hand sanitizer
- packs of “student of the week” or similar certificates
Donation boxes with yellow-and-red “Believe” posters are located throughout Petersburg to make it easy for community members to drop off new or gently used items for the Petersburg Teacher Supply Closet. A donation box is located in the lobby of every Petersburg school, and additional boxes are located at
- Administrative Offices of Petersburg City Public Schools (255 E. South Blvd.)
- Petersburg Chamber of Commerce (325 E. Washington St.)
- Petersburg YMCA (120 N. Madison St.)
- Petersburg City Hall (135 N. Union St.)
- Petersburg Public Library (201 W. Washington St.)
- Crater Planning District Commission (1964 Wakefield Ave.)
If your donation is too big to fit in a donation box or if you would like to make a financial donation, email email@example.com to make arrangements. More information about the Petersburg Teacher Supply Closet is available in the community section of www.petersburg.k12.va.us.