- Cool Spring Elementary School
Don’t wait! Enroll students now
The time to register students for school is now — not the first day of school. If your child will attend a Petersburg school in 2019-20 and has not previously attended a Petersburg school, then please register your child now to ensure a solid start to the coming school year.
Enrollment begins online, so go to www.petersburg.k12.va.us and click “register for school.” If you do not have access to the internet or if you prefer to enroll in person, then you can go to the school your child will attend and fill out the registration form there.
After you complete the online registration, you will be contacted to confirm that the school has received your enrollment information. The next step takes place at the school your child will attend. It is best to call ahead to make an appointment to complete enrollment:
- Cool Spring Elementary: 804-861-3765
- Walnut Hill Elementary: 804-861-0299
- Lakemont Elementary: 804-861-0155
- Pleasants Lane Elementary: 804-862-7012
- Vernon Johns Middle: 804-861-1249
- Petersburg High: 804-861-4884
To complete enrollment, the parent/guardian must bring these documents to the school:
- parent’s photo ID (or other)
- child’s certified original birth certificate (Even if you uploaded the birth certificate using the online registration form, you still must present to the school the certified original birth certificate.)
- proof of residency in Petersburg by providing one of these current documents: lease, deed, rent receipt, mortgage statement or utility bill
- If the parent/guardian does not have one of those current documents in their name, then they must fill out and have notarized the lives-with form (available online and in schools).
Before the student starts school, the parent/guardian must provide a completed Virginia school entrance health form, which includes record of physical exam within 12 months before the first day of schooland dates of each state-required immunization.