Contribute to Our Schools & Our Community
Our Core Beliefs
Every employee contributes to the mission. Petersburg City Public Schools is committed to moving our school division forward by working as a team to achieve ambitious student outcomes. Our work is centered around these core beliefs.
- We believe in academic excellence for all students.
- We believe in supporting the whole child and providing a safe and structured learning environment.
- We believe that all children learn best when their diverse individual experiences, backgrounds, and voices are valued and respected, giving an equitable opportunity for all to reach their maximum potential.
- We believe all students should have the opportunities to expand their knowledge through exposure to career and technical experiences.
- We believe that cooperation among students, staff, and parents, involving open communication and respect for each other’s diversity, is critical to a child’s academic and social emotional growth.
Petersburg City Public Schools is committed to compliance with federal laws requiring that the district only hire workers who are lawfully entitled to work in the United States without discrimination. After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete the Form I-9 and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Petersburg City Public Schools participates in the E-Verify Program established by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to aid employers in verifying the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
(este enmpleador participia en E-Verify)
E-Verify Number 536669
Date of Authorization April 3, 2012
Equal Opportunity Employer
Petersburg City Public Schools is committed to maintaining a working and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
Americans with Disabilities Act compliance
Petersburg City Public Schools provides reasonable accommodations to applicants who have disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please call 804-862-7054. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by- case basis.