Petersburg City Public Schools offers free, high-quality prekindergarten at Westview Early Childhood Education Center. Early each year, Westview opens the application process for children who will be 3 or 4 years old by Sept. 30. Applications are now open for the 2019-20 school year:
- Click here for 3-year-olds: http://bit.ly/2mGTwWH
- Click here for 4-year-olds: https://bit.ly/2IHwjDl
After filling out the online form, families will be contacted to make an appointment to complete the application. If you cannot apply online or if you are not contacted within 48 hours, then call Westview at 804-861-1274. Bring these records to the appointment:
- parent photo ID
- child’s certified original birth certificate
- proof of residency by providing one of these current documents: lease, deed, rent receipt, mortgage statement or utility bill; if you live with family or friends, then you must bring in this notarized lives-with form.
- proof of income for all adults in home
An immunization record and a physical exam within the past 12 months must be provided before the start of school. Head Start requires child’s health insurance card and a dental exam within the past six months.
Space is limited at Westview, so applying does not guarantee acceptance. Westview will notify families by May 26 if they are enrolled for the 2019-20 school year. Students not initially accepted will be placed on a waiting list, in case a spot opens during the year. 10 percent of enrollment is for children with disabilities. Parents must attend an orientation in August. Petersburg City Public Schools offers transportation; an adult must meet prekindergarteners at their bus stop at the end of each day. Westview provides nutritious breakfasts, snacks and lunches and does not allow food brought from home.
Click here for a flier about applying to Westview:
Questions? Call 804-861-1274 or visit www.petersburg.k12.va.us/westview.