Free and convenient professional learning
Check out these free professional learning classes exclusively for Petersburg City Public Schools teachers:
National Board certification support -- National Board Certified Teacher Dr. Ann Ifekwunigwe will lead a program to support teachers who are pursuing National Board certification. The group will meet 5-6:30 p.m. in the South Wing of Petersburg High on Oct. 15, Oct. 22, Nov. 11, Nov. 26, Dec. 10, Jan. 7, Jan. 21, Feb. 11, Feb. 25, March 10, March 24 and April 14. Click here to register.
Tech savvy teachers -- Our tech experts will cover Google Suite and Smore 3-4:30 p.m. Nov. 7 and Nov. 14 in the South Wing of Petersburg High. Two times are available: 3-4:30 p.m. and 5-6:30 p.m. Click here to register.
Basic Spanish for educators -- Native Spanish speakers Angela Flores and Lyanna Cuadrado will lead classes designed to help teachers better communicate with families who are English learners. The class will meet in the South Wing of Petersburg High on Oct. 21, Oct. 28, Nov. 4, Nov. 11 and Nov. 18. Two times are available: 3:45-5 p.m. and 5-6:15 p.m. Click here to register.
Praxis prep -- Dr. Ann Ifekwunigwe will help prepare you to take the Praxis test 4:30-6 p.m. Oct. 29, Nov. 19, Dec. 3, Jan. 14, Feb. 4, Feb. 18, March 3 and March 17. Classes will meet in the South Wing of Petersburg High. Registration will be available soon.
Employee contact info
Is your contact info up-to-date with Human Resources? This is important so that announcements reach you when schools close for bad weather or in other urgent situations. Here’s part 1 of what to do to make sure your info is current:
- Go to the "staff resources" section of our website.
- Click “Keynet employee portal” in the Human Resources section.
- Log in to Keynet, then go to “my information,” then “personal data,” then “demographics.”
- In the “contact information” section, review your home phone, home cellphone and home email address. If those entries need updating, then click “edit” and type in the correct information.
- Finally, provide the “effective date” and click “submit.”
- You will receive a confirming email.
Here’s part 2 of what to do:
If you changed any information in Keynet (see part 1), then send that same information via email to Data and Application Support Analyst Vera Lewis at email@example.com. She will make sure that your information is correct in our phone/email/text emergency communication system.
Our 403(b) provider offers targeted financial workshops for Petersburg City Public Schools employees. Each workshop starts at 4:30 p.m. at the Administrative Offices (255 E. South Blvd.):
- Millennials and how to start saving on Oct. 24, 2019 -- How millennials (ages 21-35) can take advantage of technology and student loan forgiveness and set an appropriate budget so they can begin saving for what’s next in life.
- Retirement strategies for women on Feb. 28, 2020 -- How the challenges that women face can be overcome through proper planning. Topics include wages, life expectancy and child care.
- Social Security and Medicare on April 23, 2020 --In-depth look into Social Security and Medicare for employees age 40 and older. Why are these deductions taken from your pay and how best to take advantage of them once you are eligible.