The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) works with the School Board, administrators, educators and parents of children with disabilities. In Virginia, this committee is mandated for every school district by the regulations governing special education programs for children with disabilities.
What are the functions of the Special Education Advisory Committee?
- Advise the School Board of unmet needs in the education of children with disabilities
- Assist the school division in the formulation and development of long-range plans designed to provide needed educational services for children with disabilities
- Participate in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting the identified needs of children with disabilities
- Review the school system's annual updated special education plan and applications for federal funding
- Assist the local school division to enhance community awareness and understanding of special education services
Why should you attend the meetings?
This committee offers a way to get to know other parents, be informed about what is going on in Petersburg City Public Schools and work with the school division and make recommendations to determine how special education can meet the needs of children with disabilities. Meetings are open to the public. If you have questions, please call 804-518-6249. The Special Education Advisory Committee will be meeting on a Zoom setting due to the pandemic of COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding.
October 4, 2021 Required Public SEAC Meeting at 6:00pm (Zoom Setting)
November 16, 2021 Work Session SEAC Members Only at 4:30pm (Zoom Setting)
December 9. 2021 Required Public SEAC Meeting at 6:00pm (Zoom Meeting)
January 18, 2022 Work Session SEAC Members Only 4:30pm
February 8, 2022 Required Public Meeting at 6:00pm
March 10, 2022 Work Session SEAC Members Only at 4:30pm (Zoom Setting)
April 19, 2022 Required Public Meeting at 6:30pm (zOom Setting)
May 17, 2022 Work Session SEAC Members Only Meeting at 4:30pm (Zoom Setting)
Or join by phone: Dial(for higher quality,
dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 267 831 0333 or +1 470 250 9358 or +1 470 381 2552 or +1 646 518 9805 or
Webinar ID: 863 7864 9885